Nose to the grindstone

Do you ever have one of those days when you are just in the zone, focused single mindedly on doing your thing, barely pausing to come up for air?

This was one of those days. Sometimes they are just necessary to get things done. Not my first choice for how to spend a day, as I am rather fond of pauses, and deep breaths, and sitting in the sunshine on my deck taking a break.

But it got me thinking about all the folks around the world, who have their noses to the grindstone for hours, days, weeks and years on end, because they have no choice.  Because in many parts of the world there are no such things as mandated breaks. And lunch hours.

So, I am just giving pause now at the end of my work day, to be so grateful for the flexibility, and freedom, and choice that I am privileged to have as a self employed entrepreneur.

I am giving pause to hold a big, grateful place in my heart for all the workers of the world, the men, women and children who face insurmountable challenges, and who do the right thing, every day, to take care of their families.







1 comment:

  1. Well said, Sister. We are most fortunate, and thankfulness / gratitude may keep us humble

    ReplyDelete