“I'm up to 25 steps and counting…” A journey of hope and inspiration

I received an email from one of my readers recently, and I was so blown and away and inspired by her story that I asked her permission to share it with you.


“Right now,” she writes, “I'm experiencing your voice as a lovely synchronicity with how my life is transforming in completely unpredictable and unexpected ways. For the past 15 years I've been struggling with a strength sapping, life-sapping condition… it had reached the point where what was happening to my body had simply become unacceptable. I hit the wall! You know ‘I'm mad as hell and I refuse to live with this one minute longer!’ and I meant it with every ounce of passion in me.

I started imagining what it would be like to reclaim my life, to walk again, to be able to travel to be there for the big events in my grandchildren's lives, etc. The next day I stood up and took 9 steps without even thinking about it, totally surprising myself as you can imagine. I think that was about the time of your blog about the 2am fears of our mortality and how you came away from them determined to live every day with all your energy and enthusiasm. Boy did that resonate!

No more frail little old lady for me. I'm up to 25 steps and counting with a whole plan of action worked out… for reclaiming my body completely. Your words have been a counterpoint to my life. You never know who you are speaking to and how your voice is helping to transform our lives.”

Isn’t that a powerful story? I tell you, it gave me goose bumps. It humbled me. You know, I almost didn’t write that blog post she is referring to. Who wants to hear about someone’s 2am freak out?

But… this blog has always been about being willing to be a channel for whatever wants to express through me, so I surrendered, and wrote it.

So if you have something inside you dear reader, don’t hold it in. Express it. Share it. You never know who is waiting to hear your words.

In awe,
Julie







No comments:

Post a Comment