Give yourself some love: Permission to invest in You

I must admit I got a little bogged down in the first part of this chapter on Automation in Rory Vaden's Procrastinate on Purpose since it dealt with compounding interest.  My eyes tend to glaze over and my brain gets foggy when I hear phrases like this. But simply put, compounding interest is the interest added to the principal so the added interest also earns interest. It’s actually pretty darn important. If I’d understood that 30 years ago I’d probably be a whole lot wealthier!

The bottom line, states Rory Vaden, is that “anything that wastes your time is a waste of your money.”  And what follows “Automation is to your time what compounding interest is to your money.”

What he’s saying is that we all waste a lot of time doing tasks over and over again that could be either automated. Yet we have so many excuses not to invest in systems or services that will automate these repetitive tasks and save us time (and thus money).

I can’t afford it.  I don’t have the time to do this right now.

Sound familiar?

Here’s a line that jumped out at me: “… each moment that you don’t do the things you know you should be doing, you are stealing from your future self.”

Wow, that one stopped me in my tracks. How often do we stop and think about our future selves?  It’s different somehow than merely thinking about the future. I actually have a responsibility to my future self. What I do, or don’t do now, is going to affect her well being, her happiness, her success. And I'm rather fond of my future self. So I better be good to her!

I started wondering what I could automate now that will not only make my life easier today, but will benefit my future my self too. Here are some fabulous suggestions.

So dear reader, what tasks are you doing again and again that you could invest time or money into automating?

Believe me, present day you and future you are worth it!  So give yourself some love and give yourself permission to invest in You!






No comments:

Post a Comment