Time for a pause

It’s so easy these days to be busy being busy. Rushing from one activity to the next, crossing off this thing and tackling that one.

Always late, perpetually behind.

Never quite awake to the world around us. To the world within us.

So busy that we actually miss what is going on around us. The experience of awe. The space and time to simply wonder.  The room to allow our inner self to make itself known.

How will I now who I really am if I don’t take the time to ask?

If I don’t take the time to listen to the answer?

Perhaps we need to find a sacred spot ~ a time, a place that we carve out in our busy hectic lives to just sit and be, and see what happens.

I’m not even talking about meditation.

Just a pause, a long moment, to sit and do nothing.

Maybe to stretch out in the grass and watch a cloud go by. Or to lie on your stomach and watch an ant crawl up a blade of grass. When was the last time you did that?

Just sayin’!





No comments:

Post a Comment