A pause for reflection along the blogging trail

I sense a change in you,” says a good friend.  

You’re happier,” answers my hubby when I asked him if he had noticed any changes in me since I started my blogging commitment  2 months ago.

Well, 36 blog posts later, it seems like a good time to pull off my backpack, pull out my bag of paleo trail mix and sit a while and reflect on my blogging journey. Like any journey, it’s had its surprises, challenges, discoveries and joys. 

Having set off without a map, I’ve been guided by the compass of my inner voice, supported by my partnership with the Divine, doing my best to get out of my own way and allow That which seeks expression to have its way through me.

So here are some lessons I’ve learned along the way. I’m sharing them in the hopes that they may inspire you on your own journey to greater self-expression, whatever form that may take.

  • It’s not necessary to be perfect in order to out yourself out there.
  • It’s actually perfectly OK not to be perfect in order to put yourself out there.
  • People appreciate vulnerability.
  • You have no idea where your words will go, and whose heart they will touch.
  • There is a deep sense of satisfaction that comes from bridging the gap between “I want to do it” and “I am doing it.”
  • Sometimes you get to a river and you have no idea how to ford it. That’s when you trust and jump in and find it wasn’t as deep as you thought, or a log comes floating by you can hang on to.
  • Sometimes there is a fork in the road and you’re not sure which way to go. It turns out there are really no wrong turns, only different choices.
  • You never know who is going to reach out and lend you a helping hand.
  • You can keep going even when you think you can’t. You just take the next step.
  • The world is waiting for that which only you can give.


 What is waiting to be born through you, dearest reader?


PS In case you missed the beginning of my blogging journey, and would like to see how it all started, you can catch up here:








No comments:

Post a Comment