Making the Unknown Known – Day 1 of my new blogging journey

        
 
The desire you have to be something, to do something, is a mental echo in your mind of the Spirit which already exists within you. It is an impact of your divine and spiritual self upon your mental or psychological self. It is the Spirit in you seeking an avenue of expression through you.
-                           ~ This Thing Called You, Ernest Holmes

           

I’ve been feeling that restless yearning for some time now… that still quite voice seeking expression, whispering in the early dawn hours, calling to me of some unknown mystery that wants to reveal itself. Inspiration, ideas, half formed thoughts whirl around my mind, yet without the discipline of actually sitting down to give them expression with pen and paper, I have come to realize that they are just that….. glimpses, whispers, mere hints of what is seeking to come forth.

Hence my new discipline of committing to an hourly early morning start –my customary thirty minutes to one hour of spiritual practice of meditation and inspirational reading, followed by an hour of writing. And then of course, actually posting what I write – that is the accountability piece.  Actually, it is so much more than that.  My new commitment to a daily blog post 5 days a week is really my contract with Spirit so to speak, my commitment to that divine partnership of co-creation.

 And so it begins….. I have no idea really where we are going, Spirit and I, on this blogging journey. But I’ve packed my backpack, donned my hiking shoes and I’m setting off – my compass, that inner voice which speaks to me when I am quiet enough to listen; my travel companions, the inspiration which surrounds me in nature and in my fellow explorers on this planet earth journey.  Destination: the Unknown.

It is my dearest hope that this blog journey brings you, beloved reader, inspiration, encouragement, a marker on the way perhaps, to your own journey to make the unknown known as only you, marvelous, unique, irreplaceable you, can do.





  

3 comments: