Rain and a message from the Beyond.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The sound of rain drops pounding on the roof. We’ve been waiting for this rain for a long dry month here in Northern California, the year of possibly the worst drought in our state’s history. It’s easy to freak out when you read the dire predictions about climate change and the environmental precipice we appear to be poised on the brink of.  It’s easy to fall into fear and despair, and there sure is a lot of it out there. That, or denial.

Last night I dreamt I was driving up a steep snow covered mountain in some far away country in my green VW bug, when all of a sudden I realized I had driven off the edge of the cliff and was flipping over in mid air. I remember thinking – “Hmmm, this is not a good situation.” And then I thought, “No problem, I’ll just grab onto this branch (which magically appeared, Dr. Seuss like, from a neighboring mountain peak). So I did. I grabbed onto the branch with one arm, wrapped my other arm around my bug, and managed to hoist myself back in the driver’s seat, and continue on my journey up the mountain. 

So why do I tell you this rather phantasmagorical dream tale? Well, because I think it carries an important message for me, and perhaps for you too, dear reader. I believe it is a message of reassurance. I may be going out on a limb, but I am safe and I have the inner resources to deal with unexpected challenges.

We may be hurtling over the cliff of climate change, yet the Intelligence that has created this universe has planted in us the that same creative Intelligence, and the seeds of solutions, which are ripening and ready to burst forth into flower, just at that perfect moment.   Or, as Danish philosopher and physicist Neilsa Bohr, puts it “Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it.”





No comments:

Post a Comment