No Guarantees

I was pondering this today as I sat down to write my blog post for the day.  

How often do we choose the safe road because it promises safety and stability?

A path of freedom, of choosing your own path, that requires facing life with a certain measure of fearlessness, or to put it more accurately, with a willingness to embrace the inevitable fear and forge on ahead regardless.

Sure, who wouldn’t like the reassurance of a guaranteed outcome? If I go out on a limb, there will be someone there to catch me. If I take a risk, someone will be there to tell me it’s all going to be OK.

Well, the fact is, it’s not always going to be OK. We may fail. We may get scratched and bruised. Our egos might take a beating.  We might even fail miserably, not once, not twice, but many times.

But we will be in good company.

Did you know that Dr. Seuss’ first children’s book, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was refused by 27 publishers?

Or that Vincent Van Gogh only sold one of his 900 paintings in his lifetime?

Or that Henry Ford went broke 5 times before he finally succeeded when he founded the Ford Motor Company?

The list goes on and on.

So, dear one, if you are contemplating jumping from the nest, take heart. Embrace the fear. Let your wild free self fly.









No comments:

Post a Comment