Getting things done – or getting results?

Don’t you just love checking things off your to-do list and feeling very productive and efficient as a result?  I did.

But as I learned from reading about the next myth that Rory Vaden busts open in Procrastinate on Purpose, it’s not just about being efficient, or even effective – it’s all about efficacy – or getting results.

 I know, it seems like semantics.

The point is – it’s all too easy (as I know from personal experience) to focus on all the things we did, rather than on what resulted from what we did.

Yes, I can look back at the dozens of notebooks sitting in my office cupboard with lots and lots of to-do’s checked off – but more importantly, what were my results? Did I make the world a better place?  Did I create something of value? Did I improve my bottom line in a significant way? Did I contribute to the whole?

Those are the questions I want to ask myself. Those are the activities and tasks that I am choosing to focus on.

So here is my Monday suggestion to you, valued reader – take a word of advice from those “Multipliers” who are truly successful, and start focusing on those activities that actually get you the results that you want.


P.S.   If you missed reading about the other myths about time management that I wrote about, you can catch up here:


No comments:

Post a Comment