Kicking procrastination in the butt

I’ve been suffering from procrastination for the last 10 years.

It’s true.

I’ve accomplished a lot in my personal and professional life that I’m proud of – but the truth is there is something I’ve been dreaming of, working on, planning to work on for the past 10 years – my grand plan for achieving financial peace, my ticket to global travel and adventure, my vehicle for making the world a better place. 

So after a lifetime of working belly-to-belly as a midwife, health educator, interpreter, translator, consultant, trainer …  I signed up to sell some detox drops with the vision of earning some serious residual income to fund my dreams.

And so I jumped into the world of relationship marketing (also know as multi-level, or network marketing). Yes, I know… images of scams, illegal pyramid schemes, pie in the sky promises, tacky sales tactics come to mind.

Fact is, I learned, relationship marketing is a legitimate and effective marketing approach that works by creating long-term sales relationships based on trust. There are high quality, unique products in this marketplace, and companies with vision and integrity. And there is a world of opportunity for self-development and learning new skills in the process.

The trouble is, even after I finally found my dream products, the companies I trust, and had my own first hand life changing experiences from using the products, I found that marketing wasn’t quite as easy as I thought it would be. So over the years I invested in a whole slew of classes, webinars, educational programs, books, etc. to figure it all out.  And here is where the procrastination came in.

A couple of weeks ago, as I was watching yet another webinar, my sweet supportive husband astutely pointed out ”Honey, it seems like you have been getting ready to get ready to “do the business” for 10 years now!”

I have to admit. It’s true. My dreams of residual income, quitting my day job and changing the world have still eluded me.  That’s when I realized something had to change.

So, what happened? Want to know how I finally kicked procrastination in the butt?
Tune in tomorrow. Here’s a hint: It’s an inside job!






No comments:

Post a Comment