How to go forward when you’re not sure how



I seem to be doing that a lot these days – saying Yes to something and then having my moments of doubt and uncertainty, wondering if I really have what it takes, thinking it’s so much safer in my cozy cave and why the heck did I agree to this anyway?

Well, I know the answer. I agreed because it’s something I actually really wanted to do, felt inspired to do…. However. It’s one thing to say Yes when it’s somewhere out there in the future, it’s another when the future is suddenly creeping unnervingly close to the present.

So…. Here’s how I get through this.

First, I remember that is just the way of things. It’s a normal reaction to feel uncomfortable when you stretch beyond your comfort zone.

Second, I remember all the times I thought I couldn’t do something and I did it. And it worked out fine. Actually, more than fine, great.

Third, I take lots of deep breaths.

Fourth, I take it one step at a time. I approach it from one angle. If that doesn’t bear fruit, I pause. Take some more deep breaths. Try a different angle. Talk to someone supportive. Try another approach.

Again, I remember that this is just part of the process of stretching, growing, moving beyond what is.

It’s. Going. To. Feel. Uncomfortable.

Eventually, it comes together. The big day will come, the moment will come and it will be what it will be.

And this too, will be a memory to draw strength from, the next time I open my big mouth and say Yes.






                      

No comments:

Post a Comment