Why an Attitude of Gratitude can change your life

Simply put, focusing on gratitude makes me a happier, calmer and kinder person. Why? The experience of feeling grateful immediately shifts my focus from my head – with all its self-centered stories, annoying worries and self-defeating anxieties – to my heart. When I focus on gratitude, I feel good – my heart opens – and I start looking for more and more things, people and situations to be grateful for… it’s like a chain reaction of positivity. I become progressively happier, more relaxed, enthusiastic, optimistic, and resilient to stress.

Keeping a gratitude journal is a simple and effective way to increase our awareness of gratitude. It has been shown that even 5 minutes a day of simply writing down what you are grateful for that day has measureable and increasing benefits to your health and happiness.

What have you got to loose?

So just to give you an example; today I am grateful for the hawks nesting in our pine trees, the sound of the wind in the leaves, a lovely visit with my daughter, the bounty at the farmer’s market on saturday mornings, my new keens, the happy memory of our recent getaway to Lake Tahoe with my son and grand-daughters, a telephone chat with my mum 6,000 miles away in England. Once I get started… I could go on and on, and I become increasingly aware of just how much I have to be grateful for.

If you'd like to express your gratitude to someone, click here to send a free card, on me.

You may also enjoy reading:

You Can Reinvent Yourself.  I Did At 60
Juggling All The Balls In Life




No comments:

Post a Comment